We define the output type in SAP ECC system through condition technique and maintain the condition record but we use BRF+ functionality for output management in SAP S/4 HANA and this complete configuration is based in BRF+ only, no condition technique will be used anymore. The target architecture is based on Adobe Document Server and Adobe Forms only. For the form determination rules (along with other output parameters) BRF+ functionality is used.
Prerequisites for BRF+
- Uploading XML for importing output determination application in BRF+ (Ref note 2248229).
- BRF+ is active and usable
- Background RFC configuration has been set up
- Adobe Document Server is available – ADS needs to be implemented to allow SAP to fetch PDF properties for rendering output form
- KPRO has been maintained – KPRO allows to store PDF attachments on physical location.
Steps for uploading XML files –
Note 2248229, provides decision tables for new output management. We need to download XML files to local drive and import them using below steps.
|Transaction code||BRF+ or BRFPLUS|
BRF+ workbench will be displayed. For importing output application, we need to change layout to “Expert” mode. Follow below steps –
a) Select user mode as “Expert”.
b) Save this settings.
Please find the below steps to import –
a) Download zip files from SAP note 2248229 and save them on your local machine
b) Next, we need to select Import XML under the Tools menu.
c) Select relevant file in below screen.
d) Specify Customizing request.
e) Click on “Upload XML File” button.
f) Uploaded application will now be available under Repository tab.
Then below configuration steps are relevant for all application areas (Sales Order, Purchase Order, Billing Documents and Outbound Delivery)
SPRO Node for output configuration (IMG Path –> Cross Application Components)
1) Define Output types –
Output Control -> Define Output Types
2) Assign Output Channels –
Output Control -> Assign Output channels.In this activity assign output channels to output type.
3) Define Determination of Form Master Templates –
Output Control -> Define Determination of Form Master Templates
The master form template contains static data (such as a logo and footer) that is applied to each form page and is determined based on configuration setting maintained.
a) Enter a rule ID which indicates the logic of the rule.
b) Enter an ordinal number to specify the position of the rule in the determination sequence.
c) Following parameters are optional –
- Organization Type
- Organizational unit
- Sender country
- Form Template
During document output, the master form template is determined by comparing each defined rule with the current data provided by the application. If a parameter is not defined (no value entered), this parameter is considered as a match, and else, system determines the rule where all parameters match. Master form template is used corresponding to this rule.
Business Rules for Output Determination –
Below configuration steps are relevant for all application areas (Sales Order, Purchase Order, Billing Documents and Outbound Delivery)
SPRO – > Cross-Application Components -> Output Control -> Define Business Rules for Output Determination (Transaction: OPD)
In this Customizing activity, you can define how the system determines output parameters during document processing. You can define business rules for the determination of output parameters, such as output types, recipients, and form templates.
Example of maintenance of Channel determination –
- Select Rules for relevant document, example BILLING_DOCUMENT.
- Select determination, example Channel to be used for triggering output type.
- Input parameters could be changed by adding input columns to determination table. Each determination table consists of input columns (condition columns) and result columns. You can add new input columns via the table settings.
- Maintain relevant input combination to determine the channel needed. Multiple channel can be selected for the same combination.
After changes, click on Save and Activate.
Output processing –
- Output determination is performed in document based on determination rules defined for Output type, receiver role, channel, form template, receiver email address and email template withe status as ‘In Preparation’. Default data can be changed in the document.
- Processing of output –
Only two dispatch times are available in new output management system.
- Immediately (1)
Output is processed as soon as document is saved. If no errors, output type status changes to “Successful”. In case of errors, output will be in “Error” status. Errors can be viewed by clicking log button.
- Scheduled (2)
Output is processed using new transaction introduced VF31F for billing document.
- Email output in SOST –
Invoice copy is sent as PDF attachment.
SmartForms and SAP Script:-
SAP still allows Smartforms and SAPscript. We can use them by maintaining below configuration. We need to specify form type, smartform, smartform program and routine.
SPRO -> Cross Application components -> Output Control -> Assign Form Templates
KPRO maintenance :-
KPRO maintenance could be done using following configuration-
SPRO -> Cross Application Components -> Document Management -> General Data -> Settings for Storage Systems -> Maintain storage category
Here, we assign content repository to category “SOMU”.
ADS Connection :-
Connection to ADS can be checked in SM59. Please see below screenshot.
Background RFC configuration :-
New output management utilizes bgRFC for processing of outputs with Immediate dispatch time. bgRFC could be configured using transaction SBGRFCCONF.